AberystwythAberystwyth is located in the middle of Wales, on the coast and looking over Ceredigion Bay. A number of beautiful beaches line the coast, many of them winning blue flags for their cleanliness from the European Union. Aberystwyth is very fortunate in its location with amazing scenery around the coast as well as the Cambrian mountains and interesting wildlife. Red kites can often be seen as can dolphins in Cardigan Bay.
The town is full of little local shops and there are many places to eat in the town and in the surrounding area.
For details of the town, please see:
There are opportunities to do many activities in your leisure time e.g.:
- Surfing lessons
- Boat trips around the bay
- Walking/ mountain biking/ watching red kites being fed at Blwch Nant yr Arian
- Walk the coastal paths (you can walk right around the coast of Wales)
- Local day trips to Machynlleth to see the location of the first assembly in Wales or to Aberaeron or New Quay for a day by the sea side.
- National Library of Wales
- Cinema / Theatre: Arts Centre: http://www.aberystwythartscentre.co.uk
- Town Cinema: Commodore
For further ideas of what to do in the town, please see:
And for further suggestions on activities to do in the local area, please see: